The Service is not intended for visitors who are under eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from individuals who are not eighteen (18) years old.
1. Information you provide to Granite/E-COMP. When you access or use the Service, to communicate with one of our service representatives, submit a request for an insurance quote or application for insurance, or otherwise submit a request for information about the products or services that we offer, we may ask you to provide information that may identify you personally, including your name, postal address, email address, federal Identification Number or Social Security number. We will also ask you for information about your business in order for us to assess your insurance needs and to provide you with the products and services that you request. Information we request about your business may include the number of employees that work at your company, your company's average income and your company's Federal Employer ID Number (FEIN). In addition, if you elect to purchase products or services through the Service, you will need to provide payment account information in order for us to process your purchase and place coverage(s).
2. Information Granite/E-COMP automatically collects from you; We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Service using “cookies.” Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer's Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
3. Information collected by third parties. If you visit the Service from a third-party website the third party may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third-party website to the Service. Your activities on the Service while such a code is active may be reported back to the third party. The presence of a third-party navigation bar at the top of any page on the Service is an indication that the third-party website may be able to see your activity on the Service.
4. How we use your information. Our primary purpose in collecting information from you is to provide you with access to the Service, and to provide you with the products and services offered through the Service. We may use the information we collect about you through the Service to:
We may also combine your information with the information of other users so that we can generally assess users' preferences or to otherwise improve the Service. This combined information will not identify you personally
5. Disclosure of your information to third parties. We do not sell or lease your information to, or exchange your information with, third parties without first obtaining your express consent, except that we may share your information with the following third parties:
Insurance companies: If you request an insurance quote through the Service, or otherwise use the Service to purchase insurance coverage, we may share the information you provide through the Service with insurance companies. We will only share your information with insurance companies as necessary to provide you with the products or services you have requested through the Service. If you elect to proceed with purchasing insurance from a particular insurance company, that insurance company may seek additional information about you, including by contacting you directly by email, postal mail or telephone or running a credit check on you. We will obtain your prior consent if an insurance company intends to conduct a credit check on you. Insurance companies are only permitted to contact you directly in order to provide you with the products or services you have requested through the Service.
Third-party insurance agents: If we are unable to obtain insurance coverage for your business through our direct carrier partnerships, in certain situations, we might sell or distribute your information to a third-party broker to attempt to secure said coverage.
Our service providers and system developers: We may share your information with third-party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use with regard to your information.
Companies that acquire our business or assets: If our company or our assets are acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company, that company may acquire the information about you collected by us. We will require the applicable company to assume the rights and obligations that are applicable to your information at the time of the acquisition, transfer or merger.
Law enforcement authorities: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
We will obtain your consent prior to sharing your information with any third party not described above.
6. Links to other websites. The Service may contain links to websites that are not owned or operated by Granite/E-COMP. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites. If you visit these websites or provide any information directly to parties other than Granite/E-COMP (even if those websites display the Granite/E-COMP brand), different policies may apply to the collection and use of your information. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before accessing third-party websites or disclosing information to third parties.
7. Third-party advertisers. The Service may include third-party advertising, links to advertiser websites, and other content from third-party businesses. These third-party sites, businesses, and advertisers may use web beacons and cookies to measure the effectiveness of their ads, personalize or optimize advertising content and to track users who click on the links made available through the Service. We do not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that these third parties may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
8. Privacy protection for children. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of thirteen (13). If we later learn that an individual under the age of thirteen (13) has provided information through the Service, we will take appropriate steps to remove that individual's information from our database and restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
10. Updating and deleting information. If you create an account through the Service, you can access, change and update the information that you provide through the Service by emailing us at info@Graniteins.com.
11. Opt out of marketing email. From time to time we may send you marketing communications about our products and services using the email address you provide as part of the registration process. You may elect not to receive these email communications from us by either following the link provided in the applicable email communication or contacting us at info@Graniteins.com.
12. Security procedures. We have implemented technical and administrative security measures to protect user information. To guard against unauthorized disclosure of your information, information that is passed between your browser and Granite/E-COMP is encrypted with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) system. We also use industry-standard practices such as encrypted storage, firewalls, and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your information. Each of our employees who have access to your information is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees who need it to perform their jobs. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information, and no networked system or Internet transmission is entirely secure. We assume no responsibility or liability if any information relating to you is intercepted and/or used by an unintended recipient.
16. Obtaining insurance quotes. To be able to offer the best coverage at the right price, insurance companies evaluate the risks involved. For example, to be able to insure your business, we collect the property’s exact address as well the customer’s name so we can get their insurance related information and loss history. We may, in some cases, require personal, identifiable information such as name, owner information, and federal identification number. We’re using secure, industry-standard, third-party tools to analyze this data in order to provide you with accurate quotes and additional insurance offerings.
How do I update my information?
You can correct and update pertinent information by email, phone, or mail.
Granite Insurance Brokers
E-COMP, National Pay-As-You-Go Program
Offices in California and New York
Granite/E-COMP does business with multiple insurance companies and normally can offer you a variety of options. As a result, we can assist you in securing the combination of coverage, price, and service that best fit your needs. Compensation is paid by the insurance company for our services. This disclosure notice is intended to identify the various methods by which we are compensated and how these compensation methods are determined.
Granite/E-COMP does charge a small Administration Fees in order to enter into E-COMP’s pay-as-you-go program. The annual administration fee partially covers the billing costs associated with a payroll billed policy, including payroll file management, audit management and assistance, payroll integrations and payroll files, billing questions, billing each policy holder every payroll period, policy processing and servicing, and payment remittances every payroll period.
We are compensated on a commission basis by the insurance company that writes your insurance. This commission percentage is set by the company, not by us, and is included as a part of the insurance premium you pay.
Granite/E-COMP may also be eligible to receive various forms of incentive compensation, including contingent commissions and other awards and bonuses. This incentive compensation is based upon a variety of factors that may include the volume, growth, profitability, and retention of business we place or other performance measures established by the individual insurance companies with whom we do business. It is virtually impossible to know at the time we place any individual policy whether that policy will contribute to, or detract from, our potential eligibility for future additional compensation from any insurer.
We assure every client and every prospective client that our decisions with respect to placement of your insurance have always been guided by the best interests of our clients.
If you have any questions or if you would like additional information about any aspect of the compensation we earn, please contact your client service representative.
The information contained within these materials are confidential and not to be distributed. Use of and access to this information, site, or any of the links contained within this document does not create a relationship between the recipient and CoverEase.